You want to make a difference – but how can you be sure your contribution will be as effective as possible?
Here are some ways to ensure you’re truly helping:
- Think creatively – consider donating resources, services, etc., which will help CAC continue operation as well as those items that might serve our clientele more directly. If you’re a business owner, donate resources or services related to your business
- Donate money without designating a particular cause or issue – this gives CAC the flexibility to channel the funds where they’re needed most
- Donate all year round, not just during typical “season of giving” times – poverty is not limited to Thanksgiving and Christmas!
- Personal hygiene items are always needed…donate laundry detergent, soap, shampoo, deodorant, toothbrushes, toothpaste, and other personal hygiene necessities to CAC’s pantry.
- Donate food items to CAC’s food pantry - CAC Food Pantry Preferred Items List
- Write or call our community leaders to remind them to support CAC
- Consider CAC for your tax-deductible contribution.
- Spread the word – tell friends, family, and co-workers information about CAC’s service programs
- Above all, ask questions, educate yourself about CAC’s programs and services, and consider what resources CAC will need to use in order to make your donation useful, either to the agency itself or to its clientele – and feel free to call to find out more about how you can be most effective!