The Office of Home Energy Programs (OHEP) at CAC helps Maryland’s hard-working families pay their utility bills, minimize heating crises, and make energy costs more affordable.
- The Maryland Energy Assistance Program (MEAP) provides assistance grants to help with home heating bills. Payments are made to your fuel supplier and utility company on your behalf.
- The Electric Universal Service Program (EUSP) provides financial assistance with electric bills. Eligible customers receive help that pays a portion of their current electric bills.
- Arrearage Assistance - Some EUSP participants may qualify for assistance with past due electric bills as well as referrals to energy efficiency programs.
Energy Assistance Income Guidelines for FY22 (July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023)
Brochures, Instructions & Forms
Below are the downloadable brochures, instructions, and forms which are needed to apply for Energy Assistance
OHEP Energy Assistance Brochure
OHEP Energy Assistantance Instructions & Application Packet
Additional forms which may be needed:
- Alimony-Child Support Form
- Bay Restoration
- Crisis Season Declaration Form
- Declaration of Zero Income Form
- Household Worksheet
- Income Verification of Self-Employment
- Landlord Agreement
- Physician Certification Form
- Proxy Authorization Form
- Rent – Living Arrangements Form
- Resource Provider Statement
- Unemployment Verification Form
- Wage Form
To apply for Energy Assistance online, check the status of your Energy Assistance Application, or for more information, click here.
If you have any questions about applying for Energy Assistance, call CAC at 301-797-4161 or email the Energy Department at WashingtonCountyOHEP@wccac.org