Community Action Council is working diligently to fulfill its mission during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We have made changes to keep clients, staff, & the community safe. The agency is still providing services, however, please note the following:
- As of Monday, July 13th, and until further notice, our hours of operation are: Monday – Friday, 9 am – 3:30 pm
The office will not be closed for lunch.
- Clients MUST wear masks when in the building.
- No more than 10 people in the lobby at one time.
- Everyone MUST practice social distancing.
- Clients will not be permitted past the lobby.
- Mailboxes will be available in the lobby for clients to leave documentation for specific departments/or services
- Staff will meet with clients at the front window only.
- A phone will be available in the lobby for clients to use in the event they do not have a phone
- Horizon Goodwill’s Solutions Center (200 North Prospect Street) has a computer lab clients may use
- Our restrooms are currently closed
- We are here for you by phone. Phone calls or Zoom may be used in place of in-person meetings. If you are able to call, please do so. If the line is busy, please leave one voicemail and someone will call you back.
We have compiled the following resources to assist you during this time:
- Street Guide Flyer – COVID -19 updates
- Client Information Brochure COVID-19
- Client Information Brochure COVID-19-to print
- COVID-19 Financial Relief Guide for Marylanders
- How to Negotiate During State of Emergency – OPC
- Department of Social Services UPDATED Frequently Asked Questions June 2020
Please check back to this page from time to time as new resources will be added.
ATTENTION City of Hagerstown Residents – please see the following information (below) concerning delinquent light, water, & wastewater accounts: